Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Wash, Rinse, Repeat?



"You wash your hair too often!"   My Mom always insists that I do, but parents just don't understand.  Ah, shampoo - the one 1/4 of my heart to which all foundations should stand.  Yes, it all comes down to what you are using and how often you are using it.  As I have blogged before, I have very oily hair and it is thick. This results in the fact that I have to wash my hair every two to three days.  I am not one of the lucky ones who can go a week to ten days without washing it.  They can get away with using dry shampoo, and probably can sleep in an extra thirty to fourty-five minutes in the morning.  C'est la vie, mes amis.

Being the adventurous type, I have spent a lot of time and money on various products, both expensive and cheap, and you know what?  It varies.  There isn't a secret, hidden product that is being kept from you in an exclusive salon.  I've used salon brands that are fantastic and used inexpensive brands that are also fantastic.  I have currently settled on the Dove haircare line.  I feel like it cleans my hair without weighing it down or drying it out and keeps it moisturized, even if I have to wash my hair so frequently.  They do have different products for different hair types as well, so don't feel like it is only suited for one hair type.  Also, it's not too expensive - that's always a great advantage in our current times. 

I also want to throw out there and advise that everyone should use a clarifier every four to six weeks to help remove any impurities in your hair.  Most salon supplies stores carry the product and it is not too expensive or you can use baby shampoo.  Believe it or not, it is a great shampoo that cleans well without stripping your hair of its natural oil.  It works on all hair types as well.   Even the generic store brands work as well as any name brand baby shampoo. 

Remember, get to know your hair, even if it's thin, thick, limp, dull, colored - whatever.  Make friends with it, treat it well and it will return the favor.  It all starts with a good shampoo then you will be ready to face the world. 

Stay beautiful!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stylish Plus Size Dresses & Separates