Sunday, October 7, 2012

Beauty In The Minds Eye

Time moves us forward and we are faced with a brand new season - Fall!  This is truly my favorite time of year.  I know that everyone is scrambling to dust off their favorite pair (or pairs) of boots, and locate as much pumpkin as they can, to consume it in a variety of ways over the next three months.  Also, they are leaving the windows open at night to let the house (or apartment) breathe after spending the last four months locked up to preserve the cool air from the air conditioner.  What is missing from all this?  I am sure everyone has a list a mile long in anticipation for the end of the year; I know I do.  That involves doing a lot of things for other people but what about you?  Where is the time carved out for you?  I'm not talking about wedging an hour here and there for a manicure / pedicure, or drinking lunch with girlfriends - I am talking about the quiet space in life, where you can find yourself and free your mind of thinking.

Beauty is more than applying products on your face, hair, nail, et cetera.  It all starts in the mind.  When the mind is cluttered with ideas, insecurities, deadlines, worries, and doubts, it is hard to remember who you are and where you are.  I know I forget sometimes and get lost among the labels in my life.  It happens to the best of us but there is a way out.  There is a way to push everything aside and say, "No, thank-you."  My personal favorite thing is to go on nature walks.  I specifically enjoy doing this alone to be at one with nature and God.  I know that sounds almost selfish but I don't care.  I work very hard in my life for the things I want and currently have and when I need "me time," I take it.  I suggest you all get out there and do just that.  Being in nature, for me, helps to clear my head and remember that I am just a small speck on a grand scale of beauty.  From the tall trees beside me, to the mud mixing with moss on the ground - that is true beauty.  It helps me maintain my perspective and inspires me to share it with others so we don't lose sight of what is around us and what we should preserve.

I want it to be a constant reminder that you do not have to seek out countless magazines or contemplate over which celebrity is best to emulate because there is a beauty standing before you - it's You.  Go out in nature every so often to remember that fresh air, quiet and peace of mind is one of the best things you can do for yourself - and your mind, body and soul.

Stay beautiful xox



No comments:

Post a Comment

Stylish Plus Size Dresses & Separates