Sunday, June 16, 2013

Best Makeup Remover? Yes


I know I have spent many hours debating on which brand to buy, which is actually worth its price, and if it really removes all the makeup as it claims.  There are different kinds of makeup remover to use.  Some will remove all of your makeup and some specify that it is only used to remove eye makeup.  We all know that it never really removes everything and you may end up with raccoon eyes before you have to wash, and in some cases scrub the stuff off your face.  We've all been there and done it.  I have to share with you a trick I discovered recently.

I'm a Mom so baby wipes are a huge part of my life.  One night, I didn't want to use my usual makeup remover because it tends to sting my eyes.  I figured I'd use a baby wipe because it was there in the bathroom.  I have to say it wiped everything off easily and without irritating my eyes or skin.  When I say everything, I mean, foundation, eyeshadow, eye liner and some mascara.  It doesn't dry out my skin either or cause any kind of reaction.  I still had to use a much smaller amount of my makeup remover on my lashes to get the rest of the mascara when I washed my face but since using less, it helped save my skin and eyes.  It's definitely worth a shot and is cheaper than most makeup remover brands.

IMG_3051

The baby wipe brand I buy is Target's store brand unscented wipes.  I use Avon's makeup remover.  I only buy it when they are having a sale on the product.  It's not worth the hefty price tag they put on it.  It's not too effective and gets into your eyes easily, no matter how careful you are with it.  As soon as you do remove your makeup, wash your face with a light cleanser.  I usually use baby body wash because it works very well and doesn't irritate my skin.


What is your favorite way to remove your makeup?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stylish Plus Size Dresses & Separates