Saturday, April 13, 2013

Marathon Makeup

This past week it was warmer than usual here in the North East part of the US.  Summer is sneaking up on us and I do worry that we are in it for the long haul.

The best way to beat the melted face look is:
  • Invest in waterproof makeup 
  • Skip foundation unless you are staying indoors in the A/C or going somewhere formal.  
  • Don't cake on the eyeshadow.  Even the best makeup will get creases in it due to the heat and humidity.  
  • For beach days or pool days, opt for clear mascara or skip it altogether.  I love to go swimming and hate having my makeup smudge then get in my eye. It can be really painful.  
  • Use a good lip balm to prevent your lips from drying out.  I prefer to use Vaseline on my lips if I'm not wearing lipstick.  It works much better than anything else I've tried.  
  • Drink LOTS of water!  Skip the soda, booze, most juices and shakes.  Stick with the basic, classic H2O (water).  
  • Remember to wash your face twice a day with a very mild cleanser. 
  • Remember to smile.  This is your best asset and comes free.  

Try to skip your usual makeup routine a few days out of the week and remember to stock up on sunscreen. 

Have fun out there and stay beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stylish Plus Size Dresses & Separates