The best way to beat the melted face look is:
- Invest in waterproof makeup
- Skip foundation unless you are staying indoors in the A/C or going somewhere formal.
- Don't cake on the eyeshadow. Even the best makeup will get creases in it due to the heat and humidity.
- For beach days or pool days, opt for clear mascara or skip it altogether. I love to go swimming and hate having my makeup smudge then get in my eye. It can be really painful.
- Use a good lip balm to prevent your lips from drying out. I prefer to use Vaseline on my lips if I'm not wearing lipstick. It works much better than anything else I've tried.
- Drink LOTS of water! Skip the soda, booze, most juices and shakes. Stick with the basic, classic H2O (water).
- Remember to wash your face twice a day with a very mild cleanser.
- Remember to smile. This is your best asset and comes free.
Try to skip your usual makeup routine a few days out of the week and remember to stock up on sunscreen.
Have fun out there and stay beautiful!