Thursday, April 4, 2013

Pedicures & Promises

It is that time again.  Time to break out the cute sandals, espadrilles, and wedges.  I'm very anti-flop flop.  I think they're annoying and the fact that some people will knock each other for the last pair of cheap plastic flip-flops because they're on sale for 5 cents is annoying.  The best part of this time of year is indulging in a relaxing pedicure.  I love them and get them once a month through the warmer months because you should be kind to your feet.  They hold you up all the time, why not let someone rub them down for you? 

This is one procedure that I encourage you to save up and go to a better salon or spa.  In between treatments, utilize your tub to soak your feet in warm to hot water that has epsom salt in it and peppermint (if you can stand the smell).  It will help maintain how soft the skin on your feet are after a great pedicure, or between pedicures.  Also, if you are a beach bum, rub your feet in both the wet and dry sand.  This is a good way to soften your feet as well.  I do it every time I'm at the beach.  Between listening to the waves crash and doing this, you will feel very much at ease. 

I highly recommend that you look around whenever you go to a salon or spa and check to see how clean the place is.  If their shelves are dusty, turn right around and leave!  You can bet the tubs you were going to soak your feet in aren't clean either.  The smallest details matter when it comes to you and your skin.  A small cut on your feet or legs can be a gateway for bacteria to enter your body and you end up sick or worse.  I don't want to see that happen! 

Try to choose a new fun color each time you go.  I love a French manicure on my toes but I do love changing things up and putting on a pretty coral, pink, blue or yellow too.  Step out of your comfort zone, this Spring and Summer season.  I encourage you to try nail art too.  Take inspiration from your favorite holiday or pattern as an starting point for your toes.  Remember, they don't have to exactly match your finger nails color.  I often have coordinating colors but not the exact match color on my fingers and toes.  Why not, right?  Live dangerously. 

Remember that indulging in this is allowed and you deserve it.  So many of us work so hard that we forget to take time for ourselves.  This is something worth giving yourself, or tell your other half to treat you to the spa versus having them guess at buying you a gift that you will have to return when they don't notice. 

Be you, be beautiful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stylish Plus Size Dresses & Separates