For all the other times, wearing the right underwear is crucial.
- Cotton: This is by far the best fabric to buy for your body. It's also a great choice to wear under denim.
- Satin/Silk: This may feel silky and smooth but is not ideal for all day wear, unless it has a cotton panel. Yeast infections are a very real thing.
- Lace: It's pretty and feminine but can be seen through almost anything. I say keep this to lingerie unless that's the look you are going for.
- Polyester/Rayon: This fabric is becoming more and more common in place of satin or silk because it's cheaper to make and produce. The same rules apply, if it doesn't come with a cotton panel, don't bother with them.
- Lycra/Spandex: It's tight. It will stretch out faster no matter how well you wash it and it's more expensive. You can wear this under formal dresses, semi formal wear, work clothing as well. It doesn't breath well either, so pray there is a good A/C wherever you are going.
- Hipsters: This is my favorite style to wear as far as every day is concerned. It sits at the top of your hips, right below your belly button. It's comfortable, trendy and can be worn with pants, skirts, and various short styles. I wouldn't recommend it under a dress because of the dreaded "roll down" then you have to pray you have a moment to run to the bathroom to adjust yourself.
- Boy Shorts: This is a fun style that a lot of people enjoy. It can be worn under almost everything and is very comfortable. It does allow for more coverage of your tushie and sits at your belly button.
- Thong: Be careful with this style. It might be sexy but it's not ideal to wear all day.
- High Waist: This is great under dresses and dress pants. It allows for the coverage, comfort and seamless effect.
This is my faux pas with underwear done on purpose. Yoga pants can be awesome but dangerous. Just be mindful of where your top is. That's my hip and part of my stomach.
See that blue monster peeking out from below deck? March back in there, mister!