Sunday, September 15, 2013

Basics & Boots

What are you stocking up on this Fall ?

Instead of flooding your feed with Do’s & Don’t's that may or may not work for the next 6 months, I invite you not hold on so tightly to trends.  If you want to try it, do it.
  • I wear white all year round.
  • I wear bright colors all year round because I love it.
  • I hate brown clothes.
  • Button up shirts are my enemy.
  • I hate how hard it is to find a well fitted turtleneck sweater.
Stores that I often shop in:
  • Burlington Coat Factory:  I put them first because you really can find many complete outfits at great prices here.  I love this store and have to have such restraint on going.  Whether you are plus sized or straight size, they have great stuff that is on trend and affordable.
  • Target:  Target is very hit or miss.  Lately it has been a miss but for you plus sized ladies out there, hit their maternity section on a sale.  You can get nice stuff that is usually a longer length and tends to fit better.  Their maxi dresses are my favorite because they are long enough.
  • Walmart:  Believe it or not, some of their plus stuff fits well and is priced well.
  • Forever21:  This store is great for more unique items to spice your every day up, plus their jewelry is insanely cheap.
  • Nordstrom:  They actually have a great plus size section that is made with better material and a better quality than other stores.  If you are going to pay a lot for something, you may as well get the best quality you can.
Stores that I am beginning to love:
  • H&M: If the price is right, I will start buying more from them.
  • ASOS:  They have such cute stuff!  I was recently turned on to them too.  This is why it’s so important to share what you know.  There are so many hidden gems out there.
Stores that I can’t stand anymore:
  • Lane Bryant:  Their clothes are way over priced, the material is cheap and the fit is horrible on a plus sized figure.  Their models are usually a size 10-12 at the most and they pin the clothes back on the girls so it looks fitted.  Don’t waste your time and money.
  • Ashley Stewart:  Same goes for them.  I don’t understand why they are raising their prices.  Have you seen or felt their material? Yuck!

Break out of the norm, hit up a thrift store – be unique and be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stylish Plus Size Dresses & Separates