Monday, February 17, 2014

Winter Cute?

The hardest part about winter is looking cute.  The only benefit is the low humidity and cold air, so your hair style will last longer.  After that?  It’s not so grand.  We are constantly wrapped up in layers, gross snow boots, and hats.  I have found that when it comes to sweaters, whether it is a turtleneck or other various sweater styles, the best way to dress up the outfit is big, bold statement jewelry – especially bold necklaces!

My favorite place to buy jewelry is Burlington Coat Factory.  They have a very wide selection and low prices so you won’t feel guilty splurging.  If something breaks, gets lost or stolen it’s no big deal.  I have found some cute stuff at other stores but it’s so hit or miss that they aren’t worth mentioning.  I usually try to avoid those house party companies.  You know exactly what I’m talking about.  The items that cost an arm and a leg when the quality is no where to be found.  If you are going to spend a lot of money for jewelry, be sure that the price is on par with the quality, clarity and design.  I see a lot of women who claim their stuff is top notch but I can tell it’s just expensive costume jewelry.

These are some of the items I own that I break out from time to time.  They are big, bold and always start a conversation.

IMG_4267
Great pearl necklace for all seasons.  Found at Burlington Coat Factory.

IMG_4268
Turquoise necklace that can either be casual or dressy.  I love wearing it more in the Spring and Summer than other times in the year.  Also found at Burlington Coat Factory.

IMG_4269
It’s not always you can find green jewelry.  It’s original and can work for a  dressy outfit or something more casual.   Another BCF find.

IMG_4270
I love the tiger faces! I found this at Ashley Stewart but I don’t recommend their jewelry at all.  It breaks easily and is incredibly cheap.  I only bought this because I used it in part of a Halloween costume I created.  I know if I wore it all the time it would have fallen apart by now.

IMG_4271IMG_4272
This necklace can be twisted and knotted in different ways to create something unique each time.  I got this from Torrid.  I don’t usually buy their stuff but this caught my eye.

  IMG_4273
I always suggest getting a long strand of pearls.  They can be worn a variety of ways, and it is such a classic piece. This was another BCF find.

How are you staying cute this winter?  What are you rocking this winter?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stylish Plus Size Dresses & Separates